American Star Mortgage and its affiliates values you and recognizes that privacy is important to you. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose data. This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of American Star Mortgage for data that we collect:
- through websites operated by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement, including AmericanStarMortgage.com and other websites owned or controlled by American Star Mortgage (collectively, the “Websites”)
- through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”)
- through email messages that we send you that link to this Privacy Statement and through your communications with us
- when you visit our offices, or through other offline interactions
Collectively, we refer to the Websites and our Social Media Pages, as the “Online Services” and, together with offline channels, the “Services.” By using the Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
What information do we collect?
The information that we collect is generally limited to personal information about you that our business affiliates consider necessary for performing a preliminary evaluation of your qualifications. To the extent that you can order products, enter contests, express an opinion, or subscribe to a service(s), the type of personally identifiable information that may be collected may include: name; address; e-mail address; telephone number; fax number; credit card information; information about your interests in and use of various products, programs, and services; education level; educational interests; home owner status; income; debt level; current mortgage; mortgage rate and the like. To the extent that you are requested and you do submit information about other people, such information will be limited recipient’s name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. We also collect user information that can help us optimize and enhance your experience on our Site; as well as provide you with an efficient, safe, smooth, and customized experience. For example, if you came to this Site from an online banner ad, pop-up or other advertisement, an anonymous identification number may be passed to our Site. In some cases, we may place a cookie in your browser. The aforementioned information cannot, by itself, be used to gather any personally identifiable information about you, but it will allow us to track the overall effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns. We also automatically track certain information with respect to your behavior on the Site through the forgoing cookie or identification number. This non personally identifiable information may include the Internet address or URL that you just came from and which URL you go to next; your computer browser information; and your IP address. We use this non personally identifiable information in conjunction with some of the information that you provided to us to do internal research on our users’ demographics and behavior; and to better understand how to best serve other users of this Site. Third parties may also set cookies on our sites to determine proper site usage and click count. We also utilize Web Logs to track aggregate information about how our site is being used. Web Logs track anonymous user information, including but not limited to the number of visitors to our site, operating systems and browser type. Unlike cookies, Web Logs are maintained only on our servers and do not store or place anything on the user’s computer.
How do we use your information?
If you want to change the information that you submitted, please do so by making another request through our Site. We will not be able to change information that is forwarded on to our business affiliates. Please contact the business affiliates directly to change any of your information.
If you want to request to be removed from further communication with this Site, including our Premium Services, please Opt-out by clicking on the opt out link at the bottom of any emails sent. We will place your e-mail address on a suppression file associated with this Site. Persons whose names appear on our suppression file, will have their e-mail addresses checked against all correspondence to be sent by us. Where there is a match, the planned email correspondence will be withheld, and such person will receive no further email correspondence from us. Your e-mail address will be placed on the suppression list associated with this Site within ten business (10) days of your request. Once you have opted out, we will no longer forward you email from this site but we are not responsible or in control of the business practices of our business affiliates who have been forwarded your information.
How do we share your information?
We may employ cookie technology, web beacons, transparent GIF images, and similar devices to facilitate website administration and navigation, to better understand and improve the effectiveness of our site, and to provide an enhanced online experience for our visitors. Information tracked through these mechanisms includes but is not limited to (1) a user’s IP address (e.g., yahoo.com – 192.168.1.1), (2) the type of web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer) and operating system (e.g., Windows) being used, (3) the pages of the website a user visits, and (4) other websites a user visited before visiting our website. These devices may also be used on our behalf by third parties managing our advertising on other websites to enable us to learn which advertisements bring visitors to our websites and to otherwise improve our online advertising. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to do so or to notify the user when a cookie is being sent. If you wish to disable cookies, refer to your browser help menu to learn how to disable cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features on our website. Devices like web beacons and transparent GIF images are tiny or transparent graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited a particular web page or to access certain cookies. We may use these graphics on our websites to count users and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Being able to access our cookies allows us to personalize our website and improve your experience at our website. We may also include these graphics in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened.
How do we protect your information?
The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us. We do not share your personal information in ways not disclosed in our privacy statement or without your informed permission. We value your trust very highly, and we strive to protect the confidentiality and appropriate use of any personal information you provide to us.
DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We have in place what we believe to be reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the personal information we collect and help prevent unauthorized access and use of such data. Unfortunately, no collection or transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and therefore, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any such information. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Additionally, change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser. You can opt out of receiving promotional email from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of any emails we may send you, by emailing us, or by following the links on our Site to remove yourself from our mailing list. Unless you open a new account, enter a contest, inquire about a property, contact us or otherwise subsequently sign up to receive newsletters, emails or personalized online advertisements, you will not receive anything further from us.
How can you control what information is collected and used?
You can clear the cookies to remove any third party cookies (cookies from amazon.com, clickbank.com and google ads). You may unsubscribe to any of our online e-mail updates by following the unsubscribe instructions in the body of any message or by opting out.
How can you access your information?
We have not enabled registration, so you will not have a back-end to edit the information. However if you want to change the e-mail address in our subscription, just unsubscribe and subscribe using another email address.
How can you contact us with privacy questions?
You can contact us by sending us an email. (Email Us)
We do not share your data with any third parties.
Terms and conditions
- Acceptance of Agreement. You agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this Terms and Conditions of use Agreement (Agreement) with respect to our site (the Site). This Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement between us and you, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and understandings with respect to the Site, the content, free product samples or freebie offers or services provided by or listed on the Site, and the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may be amended by us at any time and at any frequency without specific notice to you. The latest Agreement will be posted on the Site, and you should review this Agreement prior to using the Site.
- Copyright. The content, organization, graphics, design, and other matters related to the Site are protected under applicable copyrights and other proprietary laws, including but not limited to intellectual property laws. The copying, reproduction, use, modification or publication by you of any such matters or any part of the Site is strictly prohibited, without our express prior written permission.
- Deleting and Modification. We reserve the right in our sole discretion, without any obligation and without any notice requirement to you, to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the Site, including this Agreement.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our officers, our share holders, our partners, attorneys and employees harmless from any and all liability, loss, damages, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Site.
- Disclaimer. THE CONTENT, SERVICES, FREE PRODUCT SAMPLES AND FREEBIE OFFERS FROM OR LISTED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE AND ANY WEBSITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED. THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. WE HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICE. IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION, WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF MONEY, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US AND YOU THE USER. THIS SITE AND THE INFORMATION WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. THE INFORMATION AND ALL OTHER MATERIALS ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND DO NOT CONSTITUTE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS OF ALL INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE OR ANY WEBSITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED.
- Limits. All responsibility or liability for any damages caused by viruses contained within the electronic file containing the form or document is disclaimed. We will not be liable to you for any incidental, special or consequential damages of any kind that may result from use of or inability to use the site.
- Third-Party Website. All rules, terms and conditions, other policies (including privacy policies) and operating procedures of third-party linked websites will apply to you while on such websites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such Websites, and such Websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked Website on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked Website by us. This Site and the third-party linked websites are independent entities and neither party has authority to make any representations or commitments on behalf of the other. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party linked sites, you do so at your own risk.
- Third-Party Products and Services. We advertise third-party linked websites from which you may purchase or otherwise obtain certain sample goods, freebie offerings or free trial services. You understand that we do not operate or control the products, free offerings or services offered by third-party linked websites. Third-party linked websites are responsible for all aspects of order processing, fulfillment, billing and customer service. We are not a party to the transactions entered into between you and third-party linked websites. You agree that use of such third-party linked websites is at your sole risk and is without warranties of any kind by us, expressed, implied or otherwise. Under no circumstances are we liable for any damages arising from the transactions between you and third-party linked websites or for any information appearing on third-party linked websites or any other site linked to or from our site.
- Submissions. All suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts and other information you may send to us (collectively, “Submissions”) shall be deemed and shall remain our sole property and shall not be subject to any obligation of confidence on our part. Without limiting the foregoing, we shall be deemed to own all known and hereafter existing rights of every kind and nature regarding the Submissions and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submissions for any purpose, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions.
- General. You agree that all actions or proceedings arising directly or indirectly out of this agreement, or your use of the site or any sample products, freebie offers or services obtained by you through such use, shall be litigated in the circuit court of Los Angeles County, California or the United States District Court for the Central District of California. you are expressly submitting and consenting in advance to such jurisdiction in any action or proceeding in any of such courts, and are waiving any claim that Los Angeles, California or the central district of California is an inconvenient forum or an improper forum based on lack of venue. This site is controlled by Perfect Insight, Inc. in the State of California, USA. As such, the laws of California will govern the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement and elsewhere throughout the Site, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Information We Collect
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, our website has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Category A: Identifiers
Examples: A real name, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
Category B: Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
Examples: A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Examples: Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete on our website.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or interactions with our advertisers.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose [or sell your personal information, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales]. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. [The CCPA prohibits third parties who purchase the personal information we hold from reselling it unless you have received explicit notice and an opportunity to opt-out of further sales.]
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not disclosed personal information for a business purpose.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by sending us a message on our website.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to [45/90] days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically by electronic mail communication.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time. To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following our webpage and sending us a message.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by visiting our website and sending us a message. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.